Nice, intuitive, useful app to rapidly simplify a polygon or line shapefile. Very nice.
Archive for July, 2009
In Workstation ArcInfo, the COUNTVERTICES command can be used to write the number of vertices for a line or polygon feature to the attribute table. Instructions provided describe how to do the same in ArcMap.
- Right-click the layer and select Open Attribute Table.
- Click Options > Add Field to add a new field to the layer.
- Name the field NumPoints and select Long Integer for the type.
- Right-click the new field and select Field Calculator.
- Check the Advanced box.
- Copy the following text into the Pre-logic VBA Script Code text box.
- Type the following text into the lower text box.
- Click OK.